Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The 10 o'clock Angel Train

~~~Looking for WE STARTED OUT AS FRIENDS? Please go to the very first post(2009) to read the first chapters.~~~

I just finished listening to the book Happy for No Reason, by Marci Shimoff. It was a delightful book, full of personal case studies as well as scientific studies about researched and proven ways to live happier lives. I received a wealth of very practical information. One of the things I loved the most was the instruction to sleep before ten, preferably by nine. The author said if you are feeling depressed, sad or out of sorts you should go to bed early for 3 days in a row and enjoy the positive effects of this happiness habit. She calls it "The 10 o'clock Angel Train." I love it! So simple, yet it is something that most of us take for granted. I know my days always start and proceed much better when I have had enough rest. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment